How much does a mobility scooter cost on Motability?
Depending on which Mobility scooter or powered wheelchairs you choose, they start from just £13.50 per week, it costs less than your weekly allowance meaning you get some money back.
Other parts - such as the care component - remain completely untouched and you will continue to receive them as normal.
How are the prices worked out?
Motability negotiate and update their prices every three months, so they can provide you with the best offers from each manufacturer. The prices are updated on the 1st of January, April, July, and October of each year.
The prices are the same across all dealers, and the price at the time you apply is the price you pay, even if it changes before you collect your product.
How do I find my Motability Mobility Scooter?
We recommend that you go online to motability.co.uk/searchscooters and use the search tool to browse the full range of over 400 products. Or you can also just contact your local dealer to start your search.
Using the search tool on the Motability website: -
- If you know the type of product you need: Start your search by selecting this category. For example, choosing large scooters will show you our range of over 90 products within this category.
- If you’re not sure which category you need: Or, if you want to narrow your choice further, fill out the remaining search options with any specific requirements. For example, if you need a large scooter with a minimum battery range of 30 miles, suitable for someone weighing over 150kg, the tool will only display the suitable scooters.
- Products matching your search: These are displayed underneath your search selections. Click on a product to see more details.
Here is a snapshot of some of the products available. Your dealer has full details of all the products available
How do I pay?
The standard lease is over three years and payments are deducted from your qualifying mobility allowance every four weeks and paid directly to us by your benefit payment agency.
What is included in a Motability lease?
Every lease is all-inclusive, which means breakdown assistance, tyre and battery replacement, servicing, maintenance, and insurance are included in the price you pay.
As with Active Mobility, Motability priority is providing the most appropriate solution to meet your needs. Today over 640,000 customers enjoy one of these lease options. When you join the Scheme, Motability expect your product will meet your needs for the full length of the lease agreement; however, if you have a good reason to terminate the agreement early, such as a change in your condition or lifestyle, Motability can be flexible with this.
£100 New Product Payment
If you are newly joining the Scheme during 2022, you’ll be eligible for a £100 New Product Payment when you collect your scooter or powered wheelchair. This means if you take delivery of your first product in 2022, or place an order during 2022, you will be eligible. Please note this payment is only available once per customer. Find out more at motability.co.uk
Can anyone join Motability?
If you receive the following allowances and you have least 12 months remaining on your award when you apply to join the scheme, then you are eligible to the Motability scheme.
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC of PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC of DLA)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
What should I consider when choosing my product?
- Your height and weight
- How easy it is to get on and off
- Your typical journey types (hills, distance, public roads, kerbs etc)
- Seat comfort for longer journeys
- How solid or air-filled tyres affect the comfort of the ride
- Where you could keep it at home and charge it up
- The amount of shopping you will carry
- Will you need to get the product through your front door?
- Will you need to get the product into a car?
- Can you easily reach the steering column or tiller?
- How your disability affects you now and, in the future,
Your local dealer will be able to guide you through the whole process, so you have the right product for you and your needs. Throughout your lease, your chosen dealer will handle everything for you, including servicing, maintenance and repairs.
Ready to get started?
- Your local dealer Active Mobility 01789 298182
- The Motability Scheme 0800 953 3060
- Disability Living Allowance: 0800 121 4600
- Personal Independence Payment: 0800 121 4433
- Veterans UK 0808 191 4218 veterans-uk.info
Depending on which Mobility scooter or powered wheelchairs you choose, they start from just £13.50 per week, it costs less than your weekly allowance meaning you get some money back. The prices are the same across all dealers, and the price at the time you apply is the price you pay, even if it changes before you collect your product. The prices are updated on the 1st of January, April, July, and October of each year. The standard lease is over three years and payments are deducted from your qualifying mobility allowance every four weeks.
Source - Motability
Prices correct as of November 2022